Volunteers are vital to the success of our parks. Volunteers not only provide valuable support, but they also bring new ideas, energy, and a community perspective to the future of parks.
Volunteering offers a variety of wide-ranging benefits. By volunteering at our parks, trails, and green spaces, you can:
- Help build community.
- Ensure the continuing vitality and health of our beautiful parks and open spaces.
- Spend time in nature.
- Enhance work and life experiences.
- Meet new people, build lasting relationships and have fun.
Can I volunteer?
Whether you are a student, adult, family, Eagle Scout, church, business or community group, we will work with you to find a volunteer opportunity that best suits your interests, skills and availability. We can accommodate one-time, short-term or long-term volunteer projects.
Youth ages 14 to 17 must have parental permission to volunteer. If you are a high school senior needing to complete service hours, click here. Children younger than age 14 may be able to volunteer with family members. Referrals also can be made to other community agencies that welcome youth volunteers.
How to get started
Select a volunteer opportunity. You can view our current volunteer opportunities online using the volunteer opportunity links in the upper left corner of this page. If you do not find an opportunity that interests you, please contact the volunteer program coordinator to discuss other possibilities. If you are interested in a one-time opportunity, check out our upcoming events on the volunteer calendar.
- Fill out a volunteer application.
- Participate in an interview/orientation. After you fill out the interest form, we will schedule an interview to assure a successful match between you and the volunteer duties. For some short-term or one-time projects, the interview process may be modified or waived. Before you start volunteering, you will attend orientation to learn about policies procedures, and general information about volunteering.
- On-the-job training. You will receive on-the-job training to assist you in completing your volunteer duties. As a valued volunteer, you are invited to offer ideas and suggestions that help keep the County's programs and services in touch with the needs of area residents.
Interested in volunteering with the City of Vancouver?
Looking for a volunteer opportunity in the Vancouver City limits? Visit www.cityofvancouver.us/volunteer or call 360-487-8344 for more information about City of Vancouver volunteer options.
Monthly volunteer newsletter
We have a monthly newsletter that informs the public of upcoming volunteer events and gives a brief synopsis of the previous month's events. You can subscribe to the newsletter to stay up-to-date on the volunteer program.
Contact us for more information:Telephone:(360) 397-2285 ext. 1627